Monday, January 10, 2011

School Week 20 2011

This week we are reading Beethoven Lives Upstairs. This is a book based on the Classical Kids CD. The funny thing is I have owned the CD since 1989, it is one of my favorite Classical Kids CDs. I found the book by accident, actually I found the lapbook first on Homeschoolshare.com.
After seeing the lapbook I knew there had to be a book, so I went looking for it at Amazon, and there it was!!! The book follows the Cd very closely except of course for the music, that's what makes the CD so special! I will be reading the book throughout the week and listen to the CD as well. Best of both worlds with this book!

I'm hoping X6 will take an interest in the book, we are doing Madeline and the Gypsies this week but I think he will love listening to the Beethoven CD as well.

While I was looking at my school planner this weekend, I found a little mistake. I have 35 books scheduled for 35 weeks of school, however A8 had two weeks of school done before we began actual school, Roxbury week and music camp week. I had Roxbury already on the schedule but the music thing was a last minute addition. They both count toward school of course but it means I have to drop one of the books I was going to do this year.... Beethoven was the book I had to drop because all of my other books are either FIAR VOl 4 books or My America books, also I really wanted to do Shakespeare this year as well.
I want to do all the books I have scheduled to do this year, which means our school year is going to be 37 weeks instead of 36. That's not counting Field trip days and other activities that count toward the school year.

I had a couple of Moms tell me that they often end up with well over 36 weeks of school because of all the things they ended up doing during the year. I guess this year that is going to be us!