Monday, May 10, 2010

School Week 35 & 36

Here we are, last two weeks of school. Both kids are done with math and handwriting, A8 is done with her spelling and language lessons book and she has one week left of vocabulary.

Both kids will be working on a Dinosaur unit study from Learning Page.com is very much like the other ones we've done in the past. We have fact files on all the different dinosaurs, we'll be doing a mural, which means the kids will be coloring all our dinos and pasting them to the mural. Then, they'll get to do different activities based on the fact files... science, lang. arts and of course math. The activity sheets are by grade, so I have activities for both K and 2nd grade.

I also have The Field Guide to Dinosaurs to read a loud and a movie. I really want the kids to watch Jurassic Park. I think it's PG13 but if I can skip the dinosaurs eating people parts it should be okay for them to watch.. I love this movie and can't think of anything better for them to enjoy dinosaurs!!!

This unit study is not going to take two full weeks, however we have three school days that haven't been counted this year(
two COOP days and one field trip), so I decided to count them at the end of the year. So we'll be officially done with school on Tuesday of week 36.

After that we'll do nothing for the rest of May and come June both kids will have one day a week of review, handwriting for X5, reading, writing and math for A8. As for me, I will start my gathering(printing) of activities for each weekly folder in June. I am very much looking forward to sunny days at the pool!!