Monday, May 17, 2010

Last Week of School

Our last week of school, we have been doing our dinosaur unit study. The kids are really enjoying it! This week we are finishing the fact files activities. We took a day off last week, which means one extra day this week. We should be done with everything by Thursday, unless the kids decided to do everything in the next two days!

A8 had her evaluation, I think it went very well. Now that she is entering the third grade we have to let the local school district know she is going to be hhomeschooled. I need to send them a notarized affidavit stating she is staying home plus I need to list the objectives for third grade. At the end of the year I need to get her evaluated and she needs to take a test. Followed by a portfolio of work she's done throughout the year, plus we need to show we did school for 180 days... they don't need to know what we did each day, just show that we did school for that long.

Thankfully I've been doing all of this since she was in grade K, I wanted to get comfortable with the whole process before having to actually do it for real... The only thing I haven't done is the test. I'm going to get it online and give it to her myself just so she knows what to expect next year.

So that is it! that is all for now, we are going to take the rest of May off and I will start my planning for next Fall in June!!!(ha! no, I don't buy that either!)