Monday, February 8, 2010

School Week 22

We are a little behind on our school post so here we go. Two weeks ago we rowed the book Make Way for Ducklings. We've read this book before but never made a lapbook.

Geography: Boston, Mass
Language arts: vocabulary words, copy work
Art: draw ducks
Science: all about ducks




Something funny happened this semester, we switched the order of school... let me explain.
A8 usually starts school with a FIAR book and lapbook and the last workbox has her spelling. I noticed that she kept going for her last box, she would do her spelling and then her language lessons and math and then she wanted to do the book.

So I decided to let her switch her boxes in whatever order she wanted them in. She has her FIAR last instead of first, which means, she doesn't need me till math. I took advantage of this and switched X5's boxes and now I am able to do different books with him!

To catch up on our book list we've been rowing two books a week, the lapbooks are very simple allowing us to do this till we are caught up.

This week we read We're Going on a Bear Hunt and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.