Friday, August 14, 2009

Our School Room

A lot of the homeschool blogs I follow are blogging about their school rooms, so I thought it would be fun if I blogged about our school room!

We have most or rather all of our school stuff down in our basement, that's where we have the most room. We usually do our crafts or anything that has to do with games like pattern blocks, legos etc. We have craft materials, crayons, markers, color pencils and lots of paper. As well as school materials, glue, pencils, scissors etc. I started this corner while there were still young! I guess I had a feeling we would be homeschooling!The kids have their computer downstairs and we have a nice big world map and a dry erase board! We found the board at Lowe's for less than $10 and cut it in half so it would fit on the wall.
We do our table time(math, copy work, handwriting) upstairs around our kitchen table. We read our Five in a Row book on the couch upstairs as well. All of my curricula is right next to my computer. I have a big bookcase where I have all of the books we read, the curriculum we use and a file cabinet for both kids.

Here is our Five in a Row shelf, with all of the books and manuals. I'm only missing three books... Andy and the Circus, Henry the Castaway and The Giraffe that Walked to Paris(I found a sub for this one though).

I hope you enjoyed taking a look at our school room, even though school happens all over the house!