Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Change of Plans

This week we were supposed to be rowing the book Who Owns the Sun? We actually read the book on Monday. After reading it I made an executive decision, instead of continuing with the book I decided to finish up the Space unit study we were working on last week.

We had so much stuff last week and not enough time to do it all. Who Owns the Sun is a wonderful book, however the theme of the book (slavery) requires a lot more attention than I was willing to give it. I already have my book list schedule for next year and it includes the book Follow the Drinking Gourd. I think I may do a unit study on slavery and read both books then.

After this week we have two more weeks of school, we'll be doing a zoo animals unit study and hopefully going on a field trip at the end of it.