Saturday, November 17, 2007

Book List


I've been reading this book by George MacDonald; The Fisherman's Lady. I have to say I'm really enjoying this book. Now one thing you need to know about this book, it was published in 1875.
The edition I'm reading's actually an updated version of the book published in 1982.
The book starts with a dead body and so of course there's a mystery surrounding this death.
The first few chapters were a bit hard to get into because of the language. I'm just not used to reading old English or Scottish, whatever it is. But once I got used to it I was able to really get into it. The funny thing is, even though this book is over a hundred years old some of the themes are alive and well today. It amazes me to see how far we've come in terms of technology, education, and so on but as far as people we are all still the same. If you ever come across this book go ahead and read it, you won't be disappointed!
I've been told that if you love C. S. Lewis you'll like George MacDonald.