Friday, April 6, 2012

School Week 32 2011-2012

This was a three day week because of Holy week. A10 is done with her Primary Language Lessons! For the next 4 weeks she is going to be working on Editor in Chief three time a week till she is done with that as well. 
My plan for Writing with Ease is to get to week 30 and then we'll be done with that as well.  WWE has 36 weeks but I don't see the need to do all 36, every week is the same things, narration, copywork and dictation. I don't think an additional 6 weeks are going to make any difference. She also has four more weeks of vocabulary work.

As far as math, she will be on Lesson 25 next week, which means she has six weeks to go.... yes I know we only have four weeks of school left, but she really needs to be done with Delta, plus she is starting a Felicity class on April 26th and that it's going to be a six weeks class. On May 21st we have a field trip that has to do with the books and that time era.  So, as she is reading the Felicity books, she'll be doing math as well.  She should be done with math by the third week of May.

The boy is done with Beta and has started some form of Gamma, mainly the skip counting part.  We are also going to try very hard to get through the Code book 2 1/2 so that in September we can start book 3.  I want to do 3 & 31/2 plus 4 & 41/2 next year.

I am in full planning mode for next year, not just for our homeschool, but for our co op as well.  I just purchased Math U See Epsilon from Ebay, both the Teacher kit and the student kit for just $50!!!  I still need the fraction overlays but I'll get that at the homeschool fair I'm going to at the end of April. 

The only things I need to purchase for next year, besides math is her Editor in Chief A1 and her vocabulary 5 workbook.... THAT'S IT!!!!  For the boy I need.... NOTHING!!!
For co op all I need is the book list for their language arts class with Mrs. Long... I have most of his books already, I think I need Mr. Putter and Tabby Drop the Ball, but that book is not out yet.  For A10 I need a few more (5), but I have the whole summer to look for them... I will be visiting  Booksavers a lot this summer to see if I can find them there cheaper!