Monday, October 24, 2011

School Week 10 2011-2012

This week X7 is rowing the book The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge.  This book is a favorite of mine and it's been a couple of years since we last read it.

I can now finish this post since it is snowing outside and I have no place to go :) 

A9 is done with The Wonderful Wizard of Oz book and has started Matilda by Roald Dahl.  Interestingly enough her November book for Co op is Fantastic Mr. Fox, also by Roald Dahl!  Of course we didn't know that when she picked Matilda.  This will be her last co op book selection of the year.

She is almost done with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, not sure if she is going to move on to the third book, Prisoner of Azkaban... we'll see. She is getting the next Wimpy Kid book, and that one is coming out in the middle of November.

We have changed things around again, after I decided to stop doing the Dear America read a louds we made a wonderful discovery!!!  Last year when we read all of the My America books we actually skipped the westward expansion books of the series.  Joshua's Oregon Trail Diary and Meg's Prairie Diary, six books in all.  Thanks to Mrs. Long we were able to borrow 4 of the six books, which meant  I only needed to purchase two books!
I made a notebooking journal similar to the one I made last year... but much simpler since I got it done in about two hours.  So now our read a loud time is back and we are reading My America books once again!