Monday, December 6, 2010

School Weeks 15 & 16 2010

Last week I was unable to post anything due to the fact that any moment I had with even a little bit of energy had to be spent doing school with the kids, I did not want them to get behind in school because of my health issues.

Now that I am feeling much better I can blog about our school! School Week 15:
Last week A8 rowed the book Snowflake Bentley. It is a wonderful story about Wilson Bentley the man who loved taking pictures of snowflakes. We got to use our new digital microscope, we had no snow to look at (Thank God!) but we did look at some ice crystals from the freezer.

We also started Math U See Gamma! A8 is doing very good so far, she understand what we are doing and knows where we are headed... multiplication!!!!!

She has two more weeks of spelling through copywork, next semester we start vocabulary.

X6 rowed the book Library Lion. We love this book every time I read it I'm full of emotion by the time we get to the last two pages!!

School Week 16

This week we are rowing the books Cowboy Charlie(A8) and The Three Questions(X6).

We are on lesson 8 of Apologia Zoology 1: Flying creatures of the fifth day! Which happens to be our last lesson. We started with lesson 1 then skipped to lessons 9-14 which dealt with insects. Once we were done with 14 we went back to lesson 2 which deals with birds.
There are a few experiments we were not able to do due to the cold weather that we will be doing in the spring, so we are not completely done with Zoology 1!

One and a half weeks to go!!!