Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School 2010 Part 2

Today is A8's first day of 3rd grade!! Last week she had three days of review, math and copywork, we also had our first Nature Study Friday... more on that on another post.

This week A8 will be rowing the FIAR Vol 4 book Roxaboxen.
It is a story about a treasured place: a child's imaginary town named Roxaboxen.












X5 started school last week, this week will be rowing the book Storm in the Night. A story of a young black boy, his grandfather, and their cat during a fearsome thunder storm.


Summer is over, everybody is starting school today, not just my kids... What a great summer this was... lots of adventures, lots of lazy summer days by the pool or in the backyard... I am going to miss them. I'm also looking forward to what this school year is going to bring... I'm hoping for more field trips, that is one thing I'm going to be more intentional about this year. Also, a lot more projects... thanks to Apologia science! I will keep you posted!!