Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our Upcoming School Year 2010 Edition Part 2

Last year was really the first year I had to homeschool both my kids. It took a while to find our rhythm, I made some changes and then ended up going back to my original plan. This coming year I feel a bit more relax.

For X5 this year is all about learning to read. When I started homeschooling with A8 she had all of my attention, this is not the case with X5. He has to share me with his sister. I am going to try to give the kids different table times. A8 is at a point where she can do her table time activities with little help from me. Which frees me up to work with X5 on reading and phonics.... we will see how this plays out....

Here's the planned lineup for our upcoming year(X5):

Five in a Row
Story time will be first on the list with X5. Only FIAR books will have lapbooks, for the other books we will have coloring pages, crafts and the like. FIAR books all include lessons in Social studies, language arts, science and art.

Math
Language Arts
Science
Art
Lapbooks from 1+1+1=1
I have a variety of games and activities that we'll be doing throughout the year.
  • painting
  • puzzles
  • pentominos
  • geoboards