Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Break

We are in week two of our Spring break. We had a great Easter weekend with Nina and Grandpa! On Saturday we had the Shape and Race at Church. The kids got trophies again this year, 4th in Show for A8 and 1st in Speed for X5... I know, we were shocked with that one!!
As soon as I get their pics I'll post them.

Like I said in a previous post I've been working on the book list for next year. I'm done with A8's list and now I'm working on X5's. He has 35 books for next Fall, one for each week of the school year. A8 only has 18. We are not going to do the Little House on the Prairie series next year. I chose two other books that will go along perfectly with the whole 2 weeks per book schedule.
I'll leave the Little House books for when we start Beyond FIAR, they will fit perfectly with those books.

I also have all the curricula I need for the kids for next year. A8 is going to start Wordly Wise 3000, a vocabulary workbook. Each workbook has 15 lessons, so I got 2nd and 3rd grade. One for each semester. That and Apologia Science is all I'm adding to our school next year. She'll also be reading My America books as part of American History.

That's all for now, let me go and enjoy the rest of our break!!