Monday, November 16, 2009

School Week 15

This week we are rowing the book The Thanksgiving Door. We read this book last year as part of our Thanksgiving unit, we only read it once and didn't do any lessons from it. I liked it so much I decided to to give the book a whole week! X5 will be doing different thanksgiving activities, we'll read In November and do a mini lapbook.

Social Studies: Russia, immigration
Language arts: copy work
Science: thanksgiving dinner
Art: Thanksgiving, Domes

This is our last week of school, next week is vacation week! I'm going to spend the time figuring out how to reintroduce Reading Made Easy to X5 or not. He has learned so much, we've been using Explode the Code Primer Books A, B, C, we are in the middle of book B. RME starts right away with the vowel sounds, the code books don't introduce them till Explode the Code 1(which is probably better for him).I hate to buy something new when I already have RME and the workbook, but he is doing incredible with these books and if it's working I don't want to switch books on him.