Monday, October 19, 2009

School Week 11


This week we are rowing the book How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World. We rowed this book two years ago, before we were into lapbooks. We love this book and I really wanted to make a lapbook out of it so we are reading it again!

The truth is I forgot last week was Columbus day week, I had a Columbus unit study for us to do last week but I grabbed the Babar folder instead. It wasn't till I noticed the neighbor kids weren't at school that I realized my mix up. By then, it was too late!! The kids loved the Babar book and did not want to do Columbus.

Oh well, we can hit Columbus next year, I have extra lapbooks around for times such as these and Apple pie was one of them!

Geography: Vermont, England, Sri Lanka, France, Jamaica
Language arts: sequence, copy work, word search
Math: subtraction, fractions
Science: salt experiment, evaporation

X5 will be working on his own Apple pie lapbook, sorting apples game and the letters M & N mini lapbook.