Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Doctor Is In


My kids like to play a lot of pretend games. Supermarket(we have play food items and a cash register), Restaurant( we have made up menus) and now we can add doctor to the pretend play list!
I just purchased a doctor/surgeon costume from eBay. It came with everything kids need to play doctor. I also made fake insurance cards, doctor office docs and fake medical school diplomas for them, it is too much fun! I even bought a doctor coat for myself!

I was able to find a blood pressure monitor and a stethoscope for $7 at Amazon!
I had to "disable" the blood pressure thing to make sure the kids would not hurt themselves with it, but other than that they work great and the kids are able to listen to each others heart beat! I got some elastic bandages for all those broken arms and legs we get at the doctors office! The kids are having a blast operating on the neighbor kids, even Daddy needed surgery!

I got the idea for the id cards from this toy wallet I found at Amazon, I figured I could do this myself and I did!!