Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's June!

So here we are are in June already, school is done for most of the homeschooled kids around us and the public school kids will be done next week. My niece is already with us, she was done with school June 1st.
It's so nice to see all the kids in our backyard in the evening, running around, playing. it is a true sign of summer! The pool will be open full time next Tuesday, last day of school. We haven't gotten our pool pass yet. I think this year we'll just get one for A7 since X4 still going in for free.
Last year we just didn't go as much and it was money wasted. This summer looks just as busy with Camp and day camps and friends over.

Monday we started our review month. A7 has been working for about an hour a day on her handwriting, reading and unknown number!
She's reading for about 15 minutes a day. She also started her journal. There is a question for everyday of the year that she has to answer in a complete sentence, with no help from me. She has to figure out how to spell the words she wants to use, then when we go over it together I show her the proper spelling and she rewrites the word or words she misspelled.

It doesn't take long at all for her to do all this and she is becoming familiar with getting her own work from her workbox folder system.

X4 on the other hand wants nothing to do with it. I have lots of fun stuff for him to do in his boxes but he will not go near them. He's done a few of the name practice and number practice ones, but will not even look at any others. Maybe I have to change it around or make it look simpler..who knows. No worries, we have plenty of time with him.

I 've been getting stuff ready for A7 for the Fall. I'm assembling, if you will, what she'll need for her lapbooks and for language arts. Everything else is already taken care of!
I already have most of his lapbooks set up... and lots of games in between! Iam really trying to start with a clean slate with X4. After teaching A7 for two years I don't want to assume that all of the things that worked with her will work with him. A lot of people tell me just how different teaching their boys was from the girls.

That is all for now!!