Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Bravest of Us All

This week we attempted to read the book The Bravest of Us All. I've been wanting to row this book for a while now. I love learning about tornadoes, which is what the book is about. I rented the movie Night of the Twisters. Yes, I know, there is a movie called Twister which is probably much better that this one, but Twister also has things which are not age appropriate, so I took my chances with this other movie.
The kids loved the movie and they got a real sense of how powerful and dangerous tornadoes can be.

Geography: Tornado Alley
Language Arts: vocabulary words
Science/Art: tornadoes


This has been a tough week for us all. First X4 got sick, then DH got sick. Thankfully DH was not vomiting like X4 was, but his stomach was in a lot of pain. It hasn't been only us, our neighbor's kid had the stomach flu as well and one of our Club leaders. DH was not able to do Clubs last night, neither was I, so three Club leaders were not there last night...from what I hear, a lot of kids were not there either...this flu thing is really getting around.