Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Three Names



This week we are rowing the book Three Names. It is about a Great Grandfather and his dog Three Names! The great grandfather is telling his great grandson stories about his childhood "a hundred years ago". The kids really like this book, it is a little long but A7 has been reading along with me and that makes it even more fun to read!

Social Studies: prairie land, then & now
Language arts: hyperbole, simile; what are three names' three names?
Science: wildlife on the prairie

This week we start our COOP once again. We'll be doing eight weeks which takes us to the first week in May, that day we will be having a Field day for all the kids!! I will be teaching this time around, something called Lentils, it is science and math for groups 2 & 1. It looks really fun although setup time is a little long.

It's been a busy couple of weeks, haven't had time to post much. We had a great Valentine's Day!
My Hubby made me this wonderful gift. I don't usually post about Valentine gifts because they are personal (when it comes to valentine's gifts I prefer the home made kind rather than chocolates, flowers or jewelry) and I don't always want to share that stuff but I have to post about his gift this year!

He made me a Valentine's Day lapbook! here's a pic!





This is one of the best gifts ever!!!!!!