Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

We watched the Inauguration this morning as part of school and that's pretty much all we did. I purchased an Inauguration Day Fold and Learn from FIAR digital.
These fold and learns are pretty interesting. They are different than regular lapbooks. They contains lots of info and pics but is not set up the same as a lapbook. I went ahead and did my own thing with it and made it into a foldnlearn/lapbook. It came out pretty good.



I wasn't sure how I was going to explain this all to the kids but interestingly enough they were able to follow everything I was telling them. I gave them so much information about presidents, vice presidents, slavery, Lincoln, but they stayed with me! That was a pleasant surprise!

I was also surprised to see just how excited they got when Obama finally made it to the platform. X4 was jumping around saying "There he is, there he is!" They seemed to be very happy that Obama was now our President!