Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy 2009 and other things!


I hope everybody had a great new years, we sure did! We got to relax, play and relax some more.
Everybody is healthy again, enjoying their toys. I got to go to the ladies retreat this weekend.
I got a ticket for speeding on my way there, my first ticket, YAY!!!! Don't you just hate it when that happens, especially since I was on my way to a christian retreat to encounter God. Well, I didn't let that interfere with what God had for me this weekend, and He had a lot for me.

There is a lot of stuff to process, starting with making sure I always find time throughout my day to process it. I've been making things really loud around me, maybe trying to drown out God's voice. Sometimes when we are slacking in some areas of our lives we just don't want to hear it and we make it harder to hear God's voice.
I've been doing a lot of "winging it" over the last few months and God's been faithful but it's time for me to start motivating and preparing myself for His service.
The thing is God has promised to give us everything we need to further His Kingdom and we always take that to mean he will give us everything we "want".
DH and I have a lot of talking and praying to do.

I'm so glad I decided to go for the whole weekend, since I was planning to just go for the whole day Saturday. I would like to thank my Dh for taking my Sunday school class this morning so that I could stay for the last session!

Tomorrow is the start of the second semester, I have an ocean unit study that we are doing and of course a lapbook, we won't be doing any math u see or phonics this week. I want the reentry go to smooth, we'll start that stuff next week. I'm going to do a review of all the letters, colors and shapes we've learned so far with X4 as well, then next week we'll pick it up were we left off.