Friday, April 18, 2008

Pretty Cool Homeschool Moment


When I decided to homeschool my kids there was one thing that kept freaking me out... how in the world am I going to teach my daughter to read?!?!?!
I decided to use the Five in a Row curriculum because all these moms kept saying how their kids had learned to read using it.
I was a little skeptical but I went for it... this morning as we were getting ready to read our book of the week, A6 put her hand on my mouth and started to read the book for her brother and me!
She read every page stopping only when there was a particular word she didn't know how to read, (I helped her with those) she kept going till the very last page!!!!!

How did I reward my daughter for giving her Mommy a "you're not sucking at this" moment?

A new Webkinz of course!!