Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Webkinz Garden


If I'm not careful this blog is going to turn into a Webkinz blog!! ha ha!
On my previous post I was talking about how the kids and I have vegetable gardens in our webkinz world and how everyday we have to maintain them. Water them, rake them and then harvest them.
It is a great way for the kids to see what it takes to take care of a vegetable garden and to see the reward of all the hard work.
We have to wait 7 to 10 days for the vegetables to harvest, which for a kid can feel like an eternity, they are used to seeing results within seconds.

The kids are really looking forward to the harvest, they know all their hard work will pay off!
The food from the garden is healthier for the pets than the one from the WShop, they understand why that is as well.

Once I'm able to harvest lots of fruits and veggies I can show them how we can keep some to eat then sell some of them and make money like real farmers do!

Like I said before, very educational!