Monday, February 18, 2008

Reading For Fun Week

I'm taking a break from FIAR this week. A friend from church lent us some kids books and A6 really wants me to read them to her. So instead of creating a lesson from each book, I'm just going to read them for fun, as many times as she wants me to.
Here's a list of the books we borrowed.

After we read each book I'll pick a sentence for her to copy and something for her to draw and that will be our school for this week!
We are going to keep reviewing the words she's learned so far using RME. As for math, we are still using manipulatives for adding and she seems to be getting that just fine!
I need to start thinking about what book I'm going to be reading the kids for COOP this Friday.

We had a busy weekend, shape and race set up, then the actual race, clean up... Dh crashed most of the day Sunday while watching the Daytona 500. My children were very disappointed Jr. didn't win. He's the only driver we know!!!