Monday, February 4, 2008

The Rag Coat


This week we are rowing The Rag Coat. The first time I read this book to A6, a few months ago I cried at the end. I think A6 felt it was a sad book because it made Mom cry.

When she found out this was the book we were going to be reading this week she was not too thrilled. "I don't like that book, it made you cry". I had to assure her I would not be crying at the end of it. After every page she would look at me from the corner of her eye to see if I was crying. When I was finished she actually touched my eyes to make sure they were dry...too funny!

It is a wonderful book, some parts are sad but it has a very nice ending!


This is supposed to be our vacation week, but A6 wanted to do school so bad plus we have COOP on Friday. The girls are going to be learning how to make a quilt! Which is the reason why I chose the books I did for this month.