Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Patchwork Quilt


This week we are rowing The Patchwork Quilt. I haven't read the book, but I'm hoping it has something to do with making quilts! A6 has a quilting class this semester so I thought it would be fun to read books that have to do with making quilts!

It's been a busy week for me, X3 just started potty training which means I have to watch him like a hawk all day. I think he has the hang of it now, but if I don't remind him to go he gets there a little too late if you know what I mean.

This week is Club Week. Dh and I've been getting some stuff done for the kickoff of Club Week. Making display boards, digital presentations, baking cookies plus this week we are having our Valentine's Day Club party. Lots of baking for that as well.

I've been doing a lot of housekeeping as well. Going through every closet, getting rid of stuff we no longer need. I think it has something to do with this new book I got a few weeks ago.
Two words...Martha Stewart, two more words... homekeeping handbook!!
I am no Martha lover but this book is great! It has a lot of great tips. Who knew that you should never use fabric softener when washing towels?!? She goes room by room with tips on cleaning, simplifying and organizing. More practical than fancy she has really great ideas. Cleaning the house is so much easier and yes enjoyable when you have the right tools for the job!
The book is over 750 pages, so there's a lot of info but it's very easy to follow. I like that the pictures in the book are all black and white. There's something old fashion about that.
Like I said, I'm no Martha but I'll take anything that will help me keep my home running smoother and more efficient.