Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Nutcracker Unit Study


After a whole week off from school, traveling, shopping and eating turkey the kids and I are ready to get back to our normal routine. This week we are doing a unit study on the book The Nutcracker. This book is not what A5 is used to, it's much longer than the books we are used to reading for school. Luckily the book comes with a cd which I'm probably going to be using instead of reading the whole book myself. It also contains the music by Tchaikovsky which both my kids love! I also have the movie, well I have two; Barbie in The Nutcracker and the original Nutcracker movie.
A5 is really looking forward to all the activities I have planned for this week. I have to say since I have all of my X-mas shopping done and the house has been Christmas-ized, I can just relax and really enjoy the next few weeks of school 'till Christmas gets here.
We are going to get to read so many X-mas books in the next few weeks...but that's another post!